HomeBreaking NewsAnthony Joshua Escapes Death as Road Accident Claims Lives of His Two...

Anthony Joshua Escapes Death as Road Accident Claims Lives of His Two Friends

-

The Ogun State Police Command has confirmed that world-renowned British heavyweight boxer, Anthony Joshua, was involved in a fatal road traffic accident along the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway on Monday, December 29, 2025, which claimed the lives of two passengers.

The incident occurred at about 11:00 a.m. in Makun, Ogun State, just before Danco Filling Station, near the Sagamu Interchange on the Ibadan-bound axis.

In a press statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Oluseyi B. Babaseyi, on behalf of the Commissioner of Police, Ogun State Command, the police said the boxer was travelling in a Lexus SUV when the crash occurred under circumstances that are still being investigated.

“The Ogun State Police Command confirms that world-renowned boxer, Anthony Joshua, was involved in a road traffic accident today, Monday, December 29, 2025, at about 11:00 a.m., in Makun, Ogun State,” Babaseyi stated.

According to the police, Joshua was seated at the rear of the vehicle at the time of the accident and sustained minor injuries.

“He sustained minor injuries and is currently receiving medical attention,” the statement added.

However, the accident proved fatal for two other occupants of the vehicle, who were confirmed dead at the scene.

“Tragically, two other passengers in the vehicle lost their lives at the scene of the accident,” Babaseyi said, noting that the bodies of the deceased had been conveyed to the Livewell Hospital Morgue in Sagamu.

The Ogun State Police Command expressed condolences to the families of the victims and assured the public that a comprehensive investigation has been launched.

“The Command extends its heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased and assures the public that a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the accident has commenced,” the statement said.

Police authorities added that further updates would be provided as the investigations progress.

SUPPORT US

At Priceless Media Publishing Nig. Ltd /Securitynewsalert.com, we are steadfast in our commitment to independent journalism: reporting that is fearless, impartial, and free from the interference of powerful personalities, politicians and government interests.

Without corporate sponsorships or political affiliations, our ability to investigate freely rests in the hands of the people we serve—you!

Every donation helps us expose the truth, amplify silenced voices, and hold power accountable.
Stand with us because journalism should serve the people, not power.

• Account Name: PRICELESS MEDIA PUBLISHING NIG. LTD
• Account Number: 1943445259
• Bank Name: ACCESS Bank

LATEST POSTS

101-Year-Old Great Grandma Arrested As NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine In Fufu

…N4.4bn worth of Loud seized at Apapa, Lekki ports…Recovers consignments of meth, skunk, opioids in sweeps across Seme, Akwa Ibom, Ondo, Oyo, Kwara, Kano, Abia...

OPWS Troops Disrupt Kidnappers’ Roadblock, Neutralise One, Arrest Two in Benue

Troops of the Joint Task Force, Operation WHIRL STROKE (OPWS), have disrupted a suspected kidnappers’ roadblock in Benue State, neutralised one suspected bandit and apprehended...

Air Strikes Deal Heavy Blow to Terrorist Networks in Borno State

 The Joint Task Force North East, Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK), has announced a series of successful intelligence-led precision strikes against terrorist concentrations across Borno State...

Parenting, Not Policing, Is Key to Building Discipline — IGP Disu

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Olatunji Rilwan Disu, has called on parents to take primary responsibility for instilling discipline and good character in their children,...

Follow us

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
spot_img

Most Popular

spot_img