HomeJust InThree Killed In Overnight Attack On Benue Community

Three Killed In Overnight Attack On Benue Community

-

 

Godstime Simon

The Mbasombo community in Gwer East Local Government Area of Benue State has been raided by unknown armed men leaving three people dead, houses burnt and individuals missing in the overnight attack.

 

The attack on the community was reportedly enacted on Wednesday night at about 11 p.m., and lasted over an hour, leaving many injured, others missing, and several houses razed.

 

A petty trader in the community who is a

survivor of the attack, Atumegh Ahemga, gave a detailed narration on how the raid started, he said that armed herdsmen stormed the community on Wednesday night while shooting the air.

 

He said: “We had gone to bed when the heavy sound of gunshots came from different directions. Nobody knew what was happening.

“People came out of their houses and ran in different directions because the attackers who were herders were shooting and burning down the houses of the people.

 

“As people ran, they were shooting at them and whoever they caught up with was either killed or maimed. It was horrific but luckily a lot of people escaped to neighbouring villages about three persons lost their lives, although many people sustained injuries while the attackers burnt down houses.

 

“This attack was unprovoked and no one can tell why the armed herdsmen decided to invade Mbasombo. The attack lasted for about one hour, security personnel did not come to the aid of the people. It was a sad experience because people lost their lives, and many are still missing and accounted for. It has been a horrific experience for people.”

 

Contacted, the Gwer council Chairman, Timothy Adi who confirmed the attack said three deaths had so far been confirmed while calm had returned to the community.

 

The Police Public Relations Officer, Catherine Anene who also confirmed the development said security has now been restored to the community.

 

SUPPORT US

At Priceless Media Publishing Nig. Ltd /Securitynewsalert.com, we are steadfast in our commitment to independent journalism: reporting that is fearless, impartial, and free from the interference of powerful personalities, politicians and government interests.

Without corporate sponsorships or political affiliations, our ability to investigate freely rests in the hands of the people we serve—you!

Every donation helps us expose the truth, amplify silenced voices, and hold power accountable.
Stand with us because journalism should serve the people, not power.

• Account Name: PRICELESS MEDIA PUBLISHING NIG. LTD
• Account Number: 1943445259
• Bank Name: ACCESS Bank

LATEST POSTS

False Alarm Over Alleged Bandit Attack in Ogbomoso, Oyo Police Restore Calm

The Oyo State Police Command has dismissed reports of an alleged bandit attack in Ogbomoso and adjoining communities, describing the incident as a false alarm...

Tinubu Appoints Retired General Famadewa As Special Adviser On Homeland Security

  President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved the appointment of retired Major General Adeyinka A. Famadewa as Special Adviser on Homeland Security, citing his decades of...

Delta Police Neutralises Suspected Kidnapper, Recovers AK-47 Rifle in Forest Operation

The Delta State Police Command says it has recorded another breakthrough in its ongoing fight against kidnapping and violent crimes, following the death of a...

Alleged $1.3m, N746.7m:   Court Sustains Arrest Warrant against  Former Minister, Sadiya Farouq

Justice Jude Onwuegbuzie of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, sitting in Apo, Abuja, on Monday, May 18, 2026, sustained the arrest warrant he issued...

Follow us

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Most Popular

spot_img