HomeBreaking NewsTroops Foil Cattle Rustling, Neutralise Armed Criminals in Benue — Operation Whirl...

Troops Foil Cattle Rustling, Neutralise Armed Criminals in Benue — Operation Whirl Stroke

-

Troops of the Joint Task Force under Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) have intensified operations against criminal elements in Benue State, arresting suspected cattle rustlers, recovering stolen livestock, and neutralising armed criminals attempting to infiltrate local communities.

According to a statement issued by the Acting Media Information Officer of the task force, Lt. Ahmad Zubairu Zubairu, seen by Securitynewsalert.com, the successes followed a series of intelligence-led operations across the joint operations area.

Zubairu said troops of the Chief of Army Staff Special Intervention Battalion IX, operating under Operation Whirl Stroke, arrested three suspected cattle rustlers during a routine patrol around Obagaji in Agatu Local Government Area on March 3, 2026.

He explained that the operation was launched after troops received credible intelligence about cattle rustling activities around the Omikwidi area.

“Acting swiftly on the intelligence, troops moved towards the Ologba–Egba road and deployed in an ambush position,” Zubairu said.

The troops subsequently intercepted a Sienna bus conveying three fully grown cows suspected of being rustled, leading to the arrest of three suspects.

The suspects were identified as Mamuda Hussein, 28, from Adagbo community; Sunday Moses, 35, from Obagaji village; and Teny Musa, 22, also from Obagaji.

According to the statement, preliminary investigations revealed that the cattle were being transported using a vehicle with a fake Kogi State Government registration number plate, Kogi 2LMA 35 LG.

“The suspected gang leader, Mamuda Hussein, reportedly confessed that he had been invited to purchase the rustled cattle by two individuals identified as Dahiru and Small,” Zubairu stated.

He added that the suspects are currently in custody for further investigation and possible prosecution.

In a related development, troops of the COAS Intervention Battalion XV on March 4, 2026, conducted an ambush operation at Abuja Village following intelligence reports of terrorist movement in the area.

“During the operation, troops made contact with the terrorists and, in the ensuing engagement, one armed criminal was neutralised while others fled the scene,” Zubairu said.

He added that troops later combed the area and recovered one round of 7.62mm special ammunition from the bag of the neutralised suspect.

The task force also reported that troops deployed at Abuja Village came under attack by suspected terrorists at about 1:30 a.m. on March 5, 2026, but successfully repelled the assault.

“The troops responded decisively and successfully repelled the attack, forcing the terrorists to withdraw. One terrorist was neutralised during the encounter,” the statement said.

In another operation on March 7, 2026, troops of the Maritime Component at Gbajimba intercepted suspected cattle rustlers attempting to escape through waterways in Guma Local Government Area.

Zubairu said the troops acted on intelligence from a local source about the movement of the suspects after stealing cows from community members.

“Troops immediately mobilised to the location and intercepted the suspects attempting to flee by boat. Warning shots were fired, leading to the arrest of one suspect with two stolen cows inside the boat,” he said.

The suspect, the boat, and the recovered livestock are currently in custody for further investigation.

The Force Commander of Joint Task Force Operation Whirl Stroke, Major General Moses Gara, reassured residents of Benue and neighbouring states of the task force’s commitment to protecting lives and property.

He urged the public to continue providing timely and credible information to security agencies to support ongoing efforts against criminal elements in the region.

“The Joint Task Force remains committed to protecting lives and property and calls on members of the public to support security agencies with credible information,” Gara said.

#Securitynewsalert.com

SUPPORT US

At Priceless Media Publishing Nig. Ltd /Securitynewsalert.com, we are steadfast in our commitment to independent journalism: reporting that is fearless, impartial, and free from the interference of powerful personalities, politicians and government interests.

Without corporate sponsorships or political affiliations, our ability to investigate freely rests in the hands of the people we serve—you!

Every donation helps us expose the truth, amplify silenced voices, and hold power accountable.
Stand with us because journalism should serve the people, not power.

• Account Name: PRICELESS MEDIA PUBLISHING NIG. LTD
• Account Number: 1943445259
• Bank Name: ACCESS Bank

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS

Police Seize Illicit Drugs Worth ₦7.8bn in Lagos Raid, Arrest Suspects

...Suspect allegedly offered ₦500m bribe to halt operation, offer rejected and documented  Operatives of Zone 2 Command of the Nigeria Police Force have dismantled what authorities...

NDLEA intercepts Chinese grandma with large illicit drug consignment +VIDEO

 A 63-year-old Chinese grandma, Ting Hung Kiong, has been arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) following her attempt to smuggle...

Kidnap Threat Letters Cause Fear in Ogun Communities as Hunters Seek Government Support

Residents of communities in Odeda Local Government Area of Ogun State are expressing concern following reports that suspected kidnappers have allegedly sent threat letters warning...

Police officer arrested after viral video threatening to shoot civilians who film him

 The Anambra State Police Command has arrested a serving officer after a video of him threatening to shoot and kill any civilian who filmed him...

Follow us

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Most Popular

spot_img