HomeNewsNigerian Troops Thwart Boko Haram Attack, Arrest Suspects in North East Operations

Nigerian Troops Thwart Boko Haram Attack, Arrest Suspects in North East Operations

-

Nigerian military troops have recorded a series of significant operational successes across the North East, including repelling a major terrorist assault, arresting suspected collaborators, and rescuing kidnapped victims, the Joint Task Force (North East) announced Tuesday.

Troops of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) deployed at Forward Operating Base (FOB) Gajibo foiled what officials described as a coordinated, large-scale attack by suspected Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters advancing on the town from multiple directions on motorcycles and armed with support weapons.

“Troops responded swiftly with heavy firepower, including mortar engagements, forcing the attackers to withdraw in disarray,” said Lieutenant Colonel Sani Uba, Media Information Officer for the Joint Task Force (North East). “No casualties were recorded among troops.”

He added that a follow-up operation after the assault led to the recovery of ammunition and combat accessories abandoned by the fleeing attackers.

In a separate operation, OPHK troops working alongside Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) operatives arrested two suspected Boko Haram collaborators in Gubio town. Both suspects, identified as cattle rearers, are currently in custody and undergoing investigation.

Acting on intelligence provided by a surrendered terrorist associate, troops also arrested a suspected logistics supplier identified as Umar Ahmadu in Gwoza. “The suspect reportedly confessed to supplying items to terrorists on multiple occasions and is currently under interrogation,” Lt. Col. Uba said.

In a development underscoring the growing strain on terrorist enclaves, a 17-year-old family member of a terrorist fighter surrendered to troops along the Gwoza–Limankara axis after escaping from an enclave in the Mandara Mountains. Preliminary findings suggest that sustained military pressure and a shortage of necessities within the enclave drove the teenager’s decision to give himself up.

Troops also intercepted and rescued two male victims who had been abducted from Mafa town. The victims, who escaped their captors under poor visibility conditions, have been handed over for medical evaluation and further action.

Lt. Col. Uba said the operations reflect a deliberate strategy targeting terrorist mobility, logistics networks, and support structures. “Troops continue to maintain high vigilance and an aggressive operational posture to forestall any threat within the theatre,” he said.

The Joint Task Force reaffirmed its commitment to ongoing operations, pledging to sustain military pressure aimed at “defeating terrorism and restoring lasting security, peace and economic stability across the North East region.”

SUPPORT US

At Priceless Media Publishing Nig. Ltd /Securitynewsalert.com, we are steadfast in our commitment to independent journalism: reporting that is fearless, impartial, and free from the interference of powerful personalities, politicians and government interests.

Without corporate sponsorships or political affiliations, our ability to investigate freely rests in the hands of the people we serve—you!

Every donation helps us expose the truth, amplify silenced voices, and hold power accountable.
Stand with us because journalism should serve the people, not power.

• Account Name: PRICELESS MEDIA PUBLISHING NIG. LTD
• Account Number: 1943445259
• Bank Name: ACCESS Bank

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS

ENF Condemns Killing of Abducted Teacher, Demands Action on Insecurity

The Elegant Nurses Forum (ENF) has condemned the abduction of students and teachers in Oyo State and the reported killing of one of the victims,...

Applauds, Pomp as AIG Olohundare Jimoh Bags NUJ FCT Most Coveted Crime Fighter of the Year Award

‎ ‎ ‎‎By Odita Sunday ‎ ‎There was applause, admiration and high-level recognition in Abuja as the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Olohundare Moshood Jimoh, was honoured with the...

NDLEA smashes Nigerian-Mexican meth cartel, arrests baron, 3 Mexicans, 6 others

...Recovers N480 billion meth, precursors from massive clandestine lab in Ogun forest ...Nigeria is now a hostile country for your criminal business, Marwa warns cartels, baronsThe...

Man Accused of Operating Torture Chamber, Murder, Walks Free Moments After Arrest

 Juliana FrancisShock and outrage have greeted the immediate release of one Mr Chibuike Duru, aka Nwangbenta, accused of operating an illegal private detention facility in...

Follow us

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Most Popular

spot_img