Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), operating under Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK), have recorded a series of battlefield gains across the Northeast theatre, including the killing of multiple insurgents, the rescue of abducted civilians, and the recovery of weapons and explosives.
The military said troops supported by the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF) conducted coordinated offensives in the Valle, Ashigashiya, and Gakara areas, engaging suspected Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters with what a spokesperson described as “superior firepower,” killing two insurgents and forcing others to flee toward the Ngoshe axis. A separate engagement along the Bravo Kilo 10 axis killed one additional insurgent and yielded a radio set and a mobile phone.
Among the most significant outcomes of the operations was the rescue of an 8-year-old boy, Abubakar Mublagha, abducted during a March 3 attack on the Ngoshe community. Troops operating along the Ngoshe–Amuda corridor located and freed him before reuniting him with his family.
A second rescue unfolded near Uvaha, a deserted village along the Gwoza–Limankara axis, where troops found a 20-year-old Fulani man, Dahiru Ahamdu. He told investigators he had been abducted on May 8 while grazing cattle at Bororo village in Madagali Local Government Area, Adamawa State, and held in the Mandara Mountains.
“He disclosed that he escaped from his captors following intense artillery bombardments by troops which struck terrorist camps, neutralised two insurgents, and created panic within the enclave,” the military said in a statement.
Both victims were medically examined before being reunited with their families.
In Buni Gari, troops acting on intelligence recovered abandoned explosives in the Magza area, including four 40mm RPG bombs, one 81mm mortar bomb, and four 60mm mortar bombs. Explosive Ordnance Disposal teams secured the cache.
The operations also led to several arrests. A CJTF member, Kuti Muhammad, was detained over alleged links to terrorist elements and remains in custody pending investigation.
Three suspects, Aliyu Mamadu, Umar Mohammed, and Adamu Aliyu, were arrested in connection with an armed robbery in Garin Gwigwi village, Biu Local Government Area. Recovered items included a locally made firearm, a dagger, mobile phones, cash, jewellery, charms, and suspected illicit substances. A stolen Dane gun was also recovered and returned to its owner.
Separately, troops working alongside local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market, along with six rustled cattle.
Spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Sani Uba said the military remained committed to its mission. “Troops across all operational areas continue to maintain high vigilance and an aggressive operational posture aimed at denying terrorists and criminal elements freedom of action within the North East theatre,” he said.
He added that the Military High Command had commended troops for their “professionalism, resilience, and sustained operational successes,” urging them to maintain momentum. #Securitynewsalert.com



