Troops of the Joint Task Force (North East), operating under Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK), have recorded fresh operational gains in the ongoing Operation Desert Sanity V and siege operations across the North-East, including the rescue of abducted civilians, arrest of suspected terrorist collaborators, recovery of weapons, and the surrender of insurgents’ family members.
According to military authorities, troops conducting operations along the Ngoshe–Amuda axis in Gwoza Local Government Area successfully rescued four abducted persons, comprising two women and two children.
The rescued victims were identified as Salamatu Sidiq Ali, 19; Halima Idrisa, 20; Umar Abdullahi, 3; and Mustapha Abdullahi, 4. They were among residents abducted during a terrorist attack on the Ngoshe community on March 3, 2026.
Preliminary findings revealed that the victims had been held in a terrorist enclave before they were freed following intensified military pressure on insurgent hideouts in the Mandara Mountains. After medical assessment, the victims were reunited with their families through community leaders.
Military authorities disclosed that a total of 65 abducted persons have so far been rescued, while efforts are ongoing to secure the release of others still in captivity.
In a related operation, troops apprehended a suspected terrorist collaborator, Mrs Kellu Alhaji Abba, 50, at a checkpoint in Baga, Kukawa Local Government Area. Security sources said clothing materials and other supplies recovered from her were allegedly meant for delivery to a terrorist operative in the Dumba area.
Similarly, troops arrested another suspected logistics supplier, Mr Amadu Abdu, 50, along the Dalori axis. He was intercepted while transporting a large quantity of packaged items suspected to be intended for insurgents.
Preliminary investigations indicated that the suspect allegedly supplied logistics to terrorist elements in exchange for access to grazing areas. Recovered items included packaged goods, a mobile phone, a cutlass, suspected illicit substances and cash.
In another operation, troops working alongside local hunters arrested four suspected cattle rustlers and terrorist collaborators at Kwaya Kusar Market. The suspects were apprehended with stolen livestock and are currently under investigation.
The military also reported fresh surrenders by family members linked to Boko Haram/ISWAP elements. Among those who surrendered were Aishatu Sale, 20, in Bama Local Government Area, and Hauwa Abubakar, 70, who reportedly escaped from a terrorist enclave in the Mandara Mountains.
The surrendered individuals reportedly attributed their decision to flee to sustained military pressure and worsening living conditions within terrorist camps. Authorities said they have been profiled and are undergoing appropriate procedures.
Troops also recovered one AK-47 rifle and a loaded magazine along a known terrorist withdrawal route, a development the military said further weakens insurgents’ operational capabilities.
The military said the latest achievements reflect sustained pressure on terrorist groups across the North-East and reaffirmed its commitment to restoring peace, security and economic stability in the region.
The Military High Command commended troops for what it described as their “impressive battle performance” and urged them to maintain operational momentum in the interest of peace and national security. #Securitynewsalert.com



