HomeBreaking NewsRape Allegation: TikToker, Mirabel Reported Case, Not Arrested, Says Ogun Police

Rape Allegation: TikToker, Mirabel Reported Case, Not Arrested, Says Ogun Police

-

The Ogun State Police Command has issued a formal statement regarding the alleged rape of TikToker Mirabel in the Ogijo area.

By clarifying the nature of the ongoing investigation, authorities aim to dispel rumours and address the intense public debate surrounding the case, false accusations, and the limits of justice.

Securitynewsalert.com reports that DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, speaking on behalf of the Ogun State Police Command, confirmed that the survivor initially reported to the Ibafo Division on Wednesday before being transferred to the Ogijo Division, which holds jurisdiction over the site of the alleged occurrence.

Contrary to viral reports suggesting an arrest had been made, the police emphasised that the woman was never taken into custody.

The Command stated that upon her arrival at the Ogijo station, it was determined that she was not in a stable condition to provide a detailed statement. Consequently, she was transported for a comprehensive medical assessment.

Police stressed that her health and well-being remain the primary focus while they handle the matter professionally, urging the public to rely on official channels for updates.

The police statement follows a wave of digital outcry centred on a young man identified as David, an upcoming content creator and student at Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU).

The situation reportedly escalated after David shared information on his social media status regarding Mirabel.

According to supporters of the young man, his post triggered a retaliatory confrontation from a female peer. This individual allegedly entered David’s private messages, hurling insults and “traumatising” him before publicly tagging him as a “rapist.”

These reports suggest that the woman went as far as sharing David’s personal phone number, leading to an organised campaign of harassment by others online.

The controversy reached a fever pitch following reports that the accuser later posted a nonchalant apology video, admitting to the false nature of the claims. This has led to a polarised public response.

Concerned citizens, including prominent social media voice Ayobami Dada, have urged the police to take “necessary steps” to ensure the lady faces the “wrath of the law.”

Critics argue that unless such actions are penalised with expulsion or jail time, the trend of using false rape allegations as a tool for character assassination will continue unabated.

The medical status of the victim has also become a point of contention. Some observers, such as a user identified as Chris, questioned the necessity of the medical delay, suggesting that if cognitive function and physical trauma are absent, the individual should be fit for immediate questioning.

Conversely, others defended the police’s caution, noting that the victim’s health must be stabilised before a legal interview can proceed.

While some users applauded the police for providing an update, others, like Viktor Umoh, noted that public trust is built on “consistent accountability” rather than statements alone.

The sentiment remains divided between those demanding immediate justice for the allegedly defamed student and those insisting on a thorough, patient investigation into the original report.

Ogun Police promised to give an update in due time.

#https://securitynewsalert.com/

SUPPORT US

At Priceless Media Publishing Nig. Ltd /Securitynewsalert.com, we are steadfast in our commitment to independent journalism: reporting that is fearless, impartial, and free from the interference of powerful personalities, politicians and government interests.

Without corporate sponsorships or political affiliations, our ability to investigate freely rests in the hands of the people we serve—you!

Every donation helps us expose the truth, amplify silenced voices, and hold power accountable.
Stand with us because journalism should serve the people, not power.

• Account Name: PRICELESS MEDIA PUBLISHING NIG. LTD
• Account Number: 1943445259
• Bank Name: ACCESS Bank

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS

Nigerian Army Intercepts Gun Runner in Taraba, Recovers Ammunition, Cash

Troops of the 6 Brigade Nigerian Army, operating under Sector 3 of Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS), have arrested a suspected gun runner and seized nearly...

Sowore Slams Government Over Disregard for Court Judgments

Human rights activist and former presidential candidate, Omoyele Sowore, has accused the Nigerian government of hypocrisy and selective obedience to judicial rulings, after courts awarded...

Nigerian Army Swoops On Boko Haram Collaborators, Drone Supplier in North-East Operation

 Troops of Operation HADIN KAI have intensified their crackdown on Boko Haram insurgents, arresting key collaborators and neutralising fighters in a series of coordinated operations...

Victory for Constitutional Freedom: Sowore’s Triumph in Lagos

 By Okechukwu NwangumaToday, the rule of law spoke clearly and courageously.In a landmark judgment delivered by Justice M. Kakaki of the Federal High Court, Lagos,...

Follow us

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Most Popular

spot_img