HomeNewsCAC Registrar-General Faces Fresh Scrutiny as SaharaReporters Flags Alleged Lavish Lifestyle, Deepening...

CAC Registrar-General Faces Fresh Scrutiny as SaharaReporters Flags Alleged Lavish Lifestyle, Deepening Corruption Concerns

-

 

Just weeks after Nigeria’s House of Representatives launched an investigation into allegations of unlawful tampering with corporate records at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), the Registrar-General, Hussaini Ishaq Magaji, SAN, has again come under intense public scrutiny following a fresh report by SaharaReporters.

On January 15, the online investigative platform, owned by human rights activist Omoyele Sowore, published a report examining a series of social media posts about Magaji that allegedly depict an opulent lifestyle considered inconsistent with the earnings and ethical expectations of a public servant.

The report has reignited debate over accountability, transparency and possible conflicts of interest at the CAC.

 

According to SaharaReporters, the posts include videos showing Magaji travelling on a private jet and publicly acknowledging hospitality from a private foundation.

In one video, text overlaid on the footage reads, “Thank you Emeka Ufor Foundation,” as Magaji is seen boarding and flying in the aircraft.

Sources within the commission told the platform that the posts had raised serious concerns about the Registrar-General’s work ethics and accountability.

 

“The commission has failed to address the controversies and has deliberately gone mute,” one source was quoted as saying, noting that no official explanation had been offered since the videos circulated online.

 

The report recalled that in December 2025, SaharaReporters had earlier revealed fresh allegations that Magaji quietly lifted a court-ordered restriction on corporate filings linked to OML 40, a lucrative oil-producing asset associated with billionaire businessman Emeka Offor.

Sources alleged that the restriction was removed shortly after Magaji assumed office, without any public explanation.

 

Further videos obtained by SaharaReporters reportedly show the CAC boss moving with a security convoy and receiving a traditional chieftaincy title at a ceremony said to have been sponsored by a private energy foundation connected to high-value oil and gas interests linked to OML 40.

 

Rather than issuing a formal response to the allegations, Magaji later made a social media post announcing his participation at the 2025 United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) Conference of the States Parties in Doha, Qatar, alongside the heads of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

 

“Proud to represent Nigeria at the 2025 UNCAC Conference of the States Parties, alongside my colleagues, the EFCC boss and ICPC boss,” Magaji wrote.

 

The post, made days after the allegations surfaced, further fueled online criticism, with commentators interpreting it as an attempt to signal political proximity rather than directly address the issues raised.

 

The CAC is a key regulatory agency responsible for company registration, trusteeship and foundation records, beneficial ownership disclosures, and corporate filings across sensitive sectors such as oil and gas, banking, and public procurement.

Governance experts say officials occupying such positions are expected to avoid not only conflicts of interest but also any appearance of undue influence or personal benefit.

 

As of the time of filing this report, SaharaReporters noted that the CAC had issued no public clarification on the videos, and there had been no disclosure regarding who funded the private jet travel.

Neither the supervising Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment nor the Presidency had made any public statement on the matter.

 

Earlier, on January 3, SaharaReporters reported that the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi, SAN, had directed the CAC Registrar-General to cancel what were described as “fraudulent filings” carried out on some Abuja-based firms.

The directive was conveyed in a letter signed by the Director of Public Prosecutions of the Federation, M.B. Abubakar, on behalf of the AGF.

 

The platform also reported that petitions had been submitted to the ICPC, urging an investigation into Magaji over allegations of unlawful alteration of corporate records, expropriation of shares and the removal of directors linked to the affected companies.

 

The unfolding controversy underscores the growing role of investigative media, particularly SaharaReporters, in spotlighting alleged abuses of power and sustaining public pressure for accountability within Nigeria’s regulatory institutions.

SUPPORT US

At Priceless Media Publishing Nig. Ltd /Securitynewsalert.com, we are steadfast in our commitment to independent journalism: reporting that is fearless, impartial, and free from the interference of powerful personalities, politicians and government interests.

Without corporate sponsorships or political affiliations, our ability to investigate freely rests in the hands of the people we serve—you!

Every donation helps us expose the truth, amplify silenced voices, and hold power accountable.
Stand with us because journalism should serve the people, not power.

• Account Name: PRICELESS MEDIA PUBLISHING NIG. LTD
• Account Number: 1943445259
• Bank Name: ACCESS Bank

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

LATEST POSTS

NNPC Probe:  EFCC Secures Final Forfeiture of Private Jet 

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, May 18, 2026, secured a final forfeiture order of a Hawker private Jet 125 before Justice...

EFCC Commences Investigation of Two Suspects for Undeclared $461,600 at Kano Airport

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Kano Zonal Directorate, has begun an investigation of two male suspects:  Jamilu Shuaibu Waya and Usman Namadi for...

Taskforce Officers, Others, Receive Kits From LSSTF

 The Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF) has donated safety kits, including protective boots and helmets, to officers of the Lagos State Taskforce to enhance...

Lagos Police Apprehend Six ‘One Chance’ Robbery Suspects, Recover Weapons

Operatives of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested six suspected members of a notorious "One Chance" robbery syndicate operating along the Ago Palace Way...

Follow us

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Most Popular

spot_img