HomeBreaking NewsTroops Rescue 14 Kidnap Victims in Katsina After Gun Battle With Terrorists

Troops Rescue 14 Kidnap Victims in Katsina After Gun Battle With Terrorists

-

Troops of the Joint Task Force North West, Operation FANSAN YAMMA, have rescued 14 kidnapped victims following a gun battle with suspected terrorists in Sabuwa Local Government Area of Katsina State.

According to a statement issued on Tuesday by the Media Information Officer of the Joint Task Force, Lieutenant Colonel Aliyu Danja, the rescue operation was carried out on August 18 after troops received credible intelligence on the movement of terrorists with kidnapped victims around Madaci Forest.

Danja said troops of Sector 2 of Operation FANSAN YAMMA swiftly mobilised to the area, where they encountered the terrorists in a firefight.

“The troops swiftly mobilised to the area and made contact with the terrorists, engaging them and compelling them to abandon their captives and flee into the surrounding bushes,” he said.

He disclosed that troops subsequently combed the area and rescued 14 victims comprising six males and eight females.

According to the statement, preliminary findings revealed that the victims had been abducted from different communities within the Dandume, Bakori and Funtua general areas of Katsina State.

“The rescued victims were subsequently handed over to the appropriate local authorities for necessary action and reunification with their families,” Danja added.

He said the successful operation demonstrated the commitment of Operation FANSAN YAMMA to protecting lives and preventing terrorists from carrying out criminal activities across the North West.

“The successful rescue underscores the responsiveness and determination of Operation FANSAN YAMMA troops to protect lives and deny terrorists the freedom to perpetrate criminal activities across the Joint Operations Area,” the statement said.

The Theatre Command also reassured residents that troops would sustain pressure on terrorist groups and intensify ongoing operations to secure communities across the region.

It further appealed to members of the public to continue providing timely and credible information to security agencies to support ongoing counter-terrorism operations.

SUPPORT US

At Priceless Media Publishing Nig. Ltd /Securitynewsalert.com, we are steadfast in our commitment to independent journalism: reporting that is fearless, impartial, and free from the interference of powerful personalities, politicians and government interests.

Without corporate sponsorships or political affiliations, our ability to investigate freely rests in the hands of the people we serve—you!

Every donation helps us expose the truth, amplify silenced voices, and hold power accountable.
Stand with us because journalism should serve the people, not power.

• Account Name: PRICELESS MEDIA PUBLISHING NIG. LTD
• Account Number: 1943445259
• Bank Name: ACCESS Bank

LATEST POSTS

Army Arrests Soldiers Over Alleged Unauthorised Deployment at Peller, Jarvis Wedding

Two serving Nigerian Army personnel have reportedly been arrested over their alleged involvement in an unauthorised deployment during the lavish wedding ceremony of content creator...

Tinubu Joins U.S. DOJ Request for Extension in Drug Records Legal Battle

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has formally joined a request by the U.S. Department of Justice seeking a 10-day extension to file a response in an...

Osun Police Warns Against Forceful Takeover of Local Government Councils

The Osun State Police Command has warned individuals and groups against any attempt to forcefully take over the administration or premises of Local Government Areas...

FCCPC Probes Alleged Illegal Cement Price Manipulation, Uncovers Possible Anti-Competitive Practices

The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) says it has uncovered evidence suggesting possible illegal manipulation of cement prices in Nigeria following a three-month...

Follow us

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Most Popular

spot_img