HomeBreaking NewsPolice Debunk Criminal Rumour in Ogun, Confirm Bus Occupants as Road Workers

Police Debunk Criminal Rumour in Ogun, Confirm Bus Occupants as Road Workers

-

The Ogun State Police Command has dismissed a security scare in Ifo, Ogun State, after investigations revealed that individuals suspected by some residents to be criminals were in fact labourers working on a federal road project.

In a statement issued on Thursday, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, said the Command acted on intelligence received on June 3, 2026, regarding a bus allegedly conveying suspected criminals along the Ibogun Road axis.

According to the police, surveillance and anti-robbery teams were immediately deployed to the area, where they discovered that the vehicle had been intercepted by some youths. Further checks showed that the bus was transporting 21 labourers employed by a construction company handling the reconstruction and rehabilitation of the Ifo–Ibogun Road.

The Command said investigations confirmed that the workers were legitimately engaged in the ongoing federal government road project and had no links to any criminal activity.

“The report linking them to criminal activities was found to be false and unfounded,” the statement said.

Police officers subsequently assured the workers of their safety and escorted them to their work site to prevent any harassment or disruption.

The Command urged residents to refrain from spreading unverified information capable of causing panic, misinformation, and the harassment of innocent citizens.

The statement reiterated the importance of verifying security-related information before sharing it and encouraged members of the public to report suspicious activities through appropriate channels. #Securitynewsalert.com

SUPPORT US

At Priceless Media Publishing Nig. Ltd /Securitynewsalert.com, we are steadfast in our commitment to independent journalism: reporting that is fearless, impartial, and free from the interference of powerful personalities, politicians and government interests.

Without corporate sponsorships or political affiliations, our ability to investigate freely rests in the hands of the people we serve—you!

Every donation helps us expose the truth, amplify silenced voices, and hold power accountable.
Stand with us because journalism should serve the people, not power.

• Account Name: PRICELESS MEDIA PUBLISHING NIG. LTD
• Account Number: 1943445259
• Bank Name: ACCESS Bank

LATEST POSTS

101-Year-Old Great Grandma Arrested As NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine In Fufu

…N4.4bn worth of Loud seized at Apapa, Lekki ports…Recovers consignments of meth, skunk, opioids in sweeps across Seme, Akwa Ibom, Ondo, Oyo, Kwara, Kano, Abia...

OPWS Troops Disrupt Kidnappers’ Roadblock, Neutralise One, Arrest Two in Benue

Troops of the Joint Task Force, Operation WHIRL STROKE (OPWS), have disrupted a suspected kidnappers’ roadblock in Benue State, neutralised one suspected bandit and apprehended...

Air Strikes Deal Heavy Blow to Terrorist Networks in Borno State

 The Joint Task Force North East, Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK), has announced a series of successful intelligence-led precision strikes against terrorist concentrations across Borno State...

Parenting, Not Policing, Is Key to Building Discipline — IGP Disu

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Olatunji Rilwan Disu, has called on parents to take primary responsibility for instilling discipline and good character in their children,...

Follow us

0FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
spot_img

Most Popular

spot_img